Monday, September 10, 2007

Day 5, 8/22/07 Coal Harbour Marina, Vancouver B.C. Canada

Another beautiful day forecasted. I finished up the rest of the laundry while Scott waited for the part to arrive. Finally it came, so the guys dove into that project while Cindy and I took off in search of the liquor store. I’m glad I brought my strong backpack because a 6-pack of cider ale and a bottle of rum can get pretty heavy after 8 or 9 blocks of walking! When we returned, we made the guys some yummy Pina Colada drinks with the Williams-Sonoma mixer I had bought before we left on the trip. It’s good stuff, and I recommend it if you don’t have any of the ingredients to make it from scratch. We learned later on when we ran out of the stuff and made Pina Coladas from scratch, that you need to really stir the can of coconut cream really well (don’t just shake it) to get all of the yummy coconut cream out that stays at the bottom of the can. But those drinks from scratch were just as delicious.
We had a yummy salmon dinner with the same salsa recipe that we got from Carter, which turned out really good. The guys stayed up pretty late readying the boat for an early morning departure.
-Admiral Marian

No comments: