Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Day 14, September 1, 2007, At Sea

Scott came down and woke me up around 12:30 a.m. so that I could take over while he slept. It was helpful to have Patrick out there in Paloma advising me how many degrees to turn, and how to keep us all together, yet not too close together. Scott went to sleep on the sofa down in the salon, and only slept about an hour. I think he was too tense to sleep, even tho’ he was tired. Plus, I think he was listening to everything we were saying on the radio, which was a distraction. I went back to bed and didn’t wake up until it was light out the next morning. Scott was still going along like a drone, and he was exhausted. Somehow he managed to get through that day with just a short nap. I took many naps throughout the day since there was really nothing else to do. It’s really too rocky to read or type on the computer. I really wanted to vacuum and clean the boat up, but realized that wouldn’t be a good idea. I could imagine how many bruises I’d get trying to do that! It takes all of our efforts just to sneak a shower in without getting bumped around and bruised! So I spent most of my time watching television while lying down on the sofa, and since that was so snuggly, I’d end up falling asleep. We both decided to eat very lightly, and to keep me out of the galley where you tend to feel nauseas. I went to bed really early (8:45) as planned, and then woke up at 1:00 a.m. to relieve Scott at the helm.

No comments: